We Are Northeast
Edward E. Strain II
- Catastrophic Injury
- Products Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Automobile Accidents and Injuries
Founded in 1974, the law firm of Cathey & Strain, LLC, provides dedicated personal injury representation to clients in Cornelia, Georgia, as well as throughout Habersham County. We are committed to helping those injured as a result of negligence or carelessness of others to recover the maximum compensation for their associated losses.
For nearly four decades, our attorneys have handled personal injury and wrongful death cases involving the following: car accidents, trucking accidents, aviation and mass transit accidents, brain injuries, animal bites, birth injuries, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, dangerous or defective drugs and medical devices, products liability, motor vehicle defects, consumer protection, toxic torts, assault and battery, and sexual abuse. We accept litigation and appeals cases arising from matters such as railroad worker injuries, construction accidents, and asbestos exposure and mesothelioma, and we also accept claims under the Federal Employers Liability Act.
Beginning with a free initial consultation, we outline people's legal options for them, including discussing with them the potential benefits and risks of each, and our attorneys keep clients updated on the status of their cases throughout the legal process. Our law firm recognizes that, for the everyday person, navigating the civil justice system can be confusing and overwhelming, which is why we take the time to explain our clients their rights and how the laws apply to their unique circumstances.
At the law firm of Cathey & Strain, LLC, we work to resolve each client's case in a manner that aligns with his or her specific needs. Our attorneys explore all possible avenues toward pursuing our clients' best interests, including making use of the latest technology, employing mock juries and focus groups, and regularly attending seminars on juror attitudes and bias.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 1970
- University of Georgia
- A.B. - 1966
- Georgia, 1970
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1971
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 1979
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Arkansas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Western District of Arkansas, 1992
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1993
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1978
- Georgia Trial lawyers Association, Vice President, 1989 to 2004
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Executive Committee, 2004 to 2008
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Board of Governors
- American Association for Justice, Board of Governors, 2004 to 2008
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit , Judge Lewis R. Morgan, Law Clerk, 1970 to 1972