A piece breaks off a child’s toy, causing him to choke. A teenager is injured while riding an all-terrain vehicle. A defective stroller collapses, injuring a small child.
Faulty products injure people every day. Problems with consumer products cause $900 billion in deaths, injuries and property damage every year. At Cathey & Strain, our attorneys hold companies responsible if they fail to protect your safety.
Consumer products include items such as the following:
- Cribs and bedding
- Household chemicals
- All-terrain vehicles
Product liability laws in almost every state allow people to take action against manufacturers who sell a product that causes someone to get hurt. A manufacturer can be required to compensate you if they sold you a defective product.
Whatever the product or cause, the attorneys at Cathey & Strain take time to investigate your case and advise you of your legal options. We’ll fight aggressively to make sure that you are compensated for your injury, which can help you pay for medical bills, lost work time or emotional distress that you may have suffered.
- www.consumeraction.gov – Consumer Action Website
- www.cpsc.gov – Consumer Product Safety Commission
- www.ansi.org – American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- www.nsc.gov – National Safety Council
- www.ul.com – Underwriters Laboratories
- www.fda.gov – Food and Drug Administration
- www.fsis.gov – Food Safety Inspection Service
- www.citizen.org – Public Citizen