Dennis T. Cathey
Dennis T. Cathey is a graduate of the University of Georgia undergraduate and law school. Mr. Cathey was born in Rabun County, Georgia, and has served on the Board of Governors of the State Bar of Georgia, as president of the Mountain Circuit Bar Association, is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, has served on the Investigative Panel of the State Bar of Georgia Disciplinary Committee, has been a member of the Federal Bar Council for the Northern District of Georgia and is a fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is a past recipient of the State Bar of Georgia Traditions of Excellence Award and past-president of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Cathey was an officer in the United States Army Medical Service Corps, has served as a youth sports coach for the Habersham County Parks and Rec Department, is active in the Cornelia United Methodist Church and serves on the Board of Trustees of Piedmont College.
Awards and honors
- Georgia delegate to ATLA, 1999
- Selected as “Georgia Super Lawyer” by Atlanta magazine
- Selected as “Georgia Legal Elite’ by Georgia Trend magazine
- Selected as “One of the Most Influential Georgians” by James magazine
- Diplomate of American Board of Trial Advocates
- State Bar Traditions of Excellence Award, 1996